Monday, February 22, 2010

"love me" vegan-banana-blueberry-walnut-bread.


So I became a full fledged vegan sometime in October, 2009 and I now consider this to be a huge part of my identity. I think about and prepare food like never before, it's nice to think before you shove something in your mouth. Although I do like animals, I chose to be vegan based on what I put in my body and how it makes me feel. Turns out dairy makes me feel yucky and I don't have no time for that shit. Around my house we are always finding ways to cook our favorites and try new foods without animal products, so I share with you a great banana bread recipe:
3 large bananas so ripe, they are brown
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup rice milk
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 cups flour(use whatever- wheat, rice, wheat. Should be edible either way)
3/4 TSP baking powder
3/4 TSP baking soda
1/2 TSP salt
3/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup walnuts
a lil bit: cinnamon and vanilla extract
Oven 350F. Spray loaf pan.
Mix rice milk and 1 TBS lemon juice. Let stand until it curdles.

In bowl mash bananas and add remaining lemon juice, rice milk(w/lemon), and agave.
In another bowl add all dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir in blueberries and walnuts.
bake for about an hour.
HOLLER.

No comments:

Post a Comment